Tuesday 26 February 2013

WELCOME!


Welcome to our new blog all about fossils, minerals and gems!

We would like to share information with you all about fabulous rocks. I am a member of Rockwatch and if you are interested in geology then you will enjoy being a member and this is the url to find out more http://www.rockwatch.org.uk/ .

One of my favourite fossils is the ammonite. Ammonites were marine animals and had a coiled external shell similar to the modern pearly nautilus.

The ammonite's shell was divided into chambers separated by strong walls known as septa. They probably lived in water up to 100 metres deep.

If you’d like to see a real ammonite ask me and I will bring one in for you to see, if you are not at my school then check out this picture of one!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment